It’s winter, I am working at my desk feeling uncomfortable because of my cold feet. Wearing an extra pair of socks doesn’t seem to work, no matter how thick and wooly.
I am a desk dweller, I sit at it for hours during the day, so I decided to look for the best under desk foot warmers, to keep my feet warm and work comfortably.
Do you know someone that always seems to complain about being cold at the office? Wondering how to keep their feet warm while sitting at their desks? They might like what I am about to tell you.
We’re an affiliate We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
Why Your Feet Get Cold While Sitting At The Desk?
The human body holds about 60 000 miles of blood vessels. Along with your heart and other muscles, they form your circulatory system, carrying blood to every corner of your body.
When you sit for a long period of time, your blood circulation starts becoming poor, hence your blood flow starts slowing down. And the rule is: less blood flow near the surface of your skin equals less heat.
In other words, when your limbs can’t get enough blood, your hands or feet may feel cold or numb. If you’re light-skinned, you may notice that your legs get a blue tinge, especially in winter.
For our case, which is sitting at the desk, you’re most likely moving your hands: tapping on the keyboard, moving your mouse, writing, or checking the phone. But your legs and feet stay still, that’s why they get cold more often than your hands.
How Can I Warm Up My Feet Under The Desk?
Cold feet are typically a sign of decreased circulation, so whatever you do should aim at increasing the blood flow and probably generate some heat by muscle movement.
Under desk foot warmers are a good solution because the localized application of heat they apply, causes the blood vessels in that area to dilate, enhancing perfusion to the targeted tissue.
During my research, I have come across different types of under desk foot heaters that seem to work very well:
They are devices used to heat a single area. The most common one is the electric heater, an electrical device that converts the current into heat. They are small enough to be placed in the under the desk area and make it cozy and warm.
Footrests are an ergonomic recommendation. They promote circulation to your legs and feet; they prevent fatigue and foot sores throughout the course of your daily grind.
They also support your feet if you’re of smaller size or if you have a foot condition.
In addition to that, heated footrests will warm up your feet and provide a comfortable situation.
A heating pad is a cushion used for warming parts of the body.
Types of heating pads include electrical, chemical, and hot water bottles. You can use them in standing or sitting positions to warm up your feet.
Mats can also play a foot Warming role.
The heating element is sealed inside the mat creating a warm environment that you can place your feet on while sitting or standing.
…Warm Clothes and Accessories
There are many existing options on the market, like:
- Insulated slippers: Possibly the warmest of all indoor footwear, adding slippers over your socks will definitely help keep your feet warm.
- Thermal insoles: They can be used in the shoes or boots you already have to give them an insulating boost as lots of heat is lost downwards through the ground as temperatures fall.
- Socks: Made of at least 70% wool.
Benefits Of A Good Under-Desk Foot Heater
- You are going to work comfortably without a nuisance.
- You’ll keep your feet warm in any given season. Not only your feet, your legs, and body as well.
- You’ll improve the blood circulation in your body due to heat.
- You’ll improve your desk ergonomic since some of them are ergonomically designed.
Features Of A Good Under Desk Foot Warmer
Based on customers feedback on Amazon, I managed to come up with the following criteria to find the right feet warmer:
- Efficiency: Your feet should be receiving the right amount of heat.
- Size: your foot warmer should be small enough to fit the under-desk area.
- Safety: it has to be designed respecting safety measures, like switched off automatically when not in use, waterproof design, fire hazard …
- Ergonomic: it should be ideally shaped to warm up your feet comfortably.
- Easy to use and operate: and if it has a remote control, it should be user-friendly.
- Reasonable Price: it should not be very cheap because it will break down as soon as you buy it, and not very expensive to empty your wallet.
Best Under Desk Foot Warmer Reviews
Best Under Desk Heater
1. GiveBest Ceramic Heater for Small Spaces
Not only under the desk, but it’s also powerful enough to heat up a small to medium space quickly and effectively, without generating a lot of noise.
Once plugged, set the thermostat on HIGH to start. You’ll see a red light on its front indicating that it’s heating.
GiveBest Ceramic Heater automatically shuts off when:
- 1. The unit overheats.
- 2. The unit tilts.
Therefore, no need to worry about protection especially if you have a toddler, a cat, or a dog.
Consumers like its small size that fits their under-desk space: 6.2 inches width, 7 inches length, 9.2 inches height. But what they like the most is that it has a handle that makes it portable.
You can easily bring it from your under-desk space to any room you want.
- Small size (6.2″ x 7″ x 9.2″)
- 3 Modes: 1500W / 750W / Cool Blow Fan (suitable for summer)
- Safety feature (if overheated or tilt)
- Easy to pick up (It has a handle)
- Great purchase for the money
- A bit noisy
- Thermostat isn’t the greatest, but for its price, it’s okay.
Best Feet Massager Machine with Heating Pad
2. Snailax Foot And Back Massager 2 in 1
It has a zipper to adapt its form to the required function, a non-slip rubber bottom for safety, and it’s made with PU leather.
With the remote control, you can turn the device on and off, you can reverse the rotation direction, and you can choose to turn the heat on or off.
However, it automatically shuts off after 15 minutes for safe use.
- Versatile design
- Cheap price
- Made of PU leather
- For safety purposes, you have to restart it every 15 minutes of use.
Best Under Desk Heated Footrest
3. Cozy Products TT Toasty Toes
It respects safety requirements, preventing fire hazards and being safe to the touch.
You can choose between 3 different positions to set it up under your desk:
- ergonomic footstool
- upright flat panel heater
- heated mat
It has a built-in thermostat and a red on/off light, and will perfectly fit your under-desk area with these measures 12 inches width, 18 inches length, 5 inches height.
All in all, a portable warming footrest that helps you improve circulation and blood flow.
- 3 adjustable positions
- Saves money and energy (90 watts)
- 2 heat settings
- Perfect for home or office
- Lightweight, portable
- It doesn’t have an auto-off feature. You have to reach down under your desk to turn it off.
Best Under Desk Heated Pad
Gintao warming pad is cushy and soft, made to help you relieve muscle, chronic pain, increase blood circulation, relax and warm your legs.
It measures 22 inches by 20 inches, large enough to fit two pairs of feet.
Don’t worry if someone’s feet aren’t always the freshest smelling, this pad is machine washable and dryer safe.
Serta uses easy technology: the pad controller contains 3 different settings to quickly adjust the level of desired heat.
After 2 hours of heat, it automatically shuts off to keep you and your family safe.
- Soft and cushy
- Easy to operate
- It fits two pairs of feet
- Safe, intelligent temperature control
- Easy to clean
- Machine washable and dries fast
The size could be bigger
Best Under Desk Warming Mat
5. Cozy Products FWB Super Foot Warmer
Cozy Super Foot Warmer Mat is a great fit for adding heat under the desk and at standing work stations.
It provides radiant and direct heat to your feet, for sitting and standing positions, using only 135 Watts (AC powered).
It is manufactured from rubber that is sealed and Waterproof, with a heating element on the inside.
For the dimensions, it measures at 20.5 inches by 13.5 inches. And the operational temperature is 130°F.
- Energy efficient (135 watts)
- Suitable for standings desks
- Reasonable price
- The rubber smells sometimes.
- The switch light might not work in the first days, but the mat keeps working.
Under Desk Foot Warmer – Additional Type & Features
6. CL Cozy Legs Flat Panel Radiant Heater
This pick is for people who don’t want space heaters.
Cozy Legs is a simple, low wattage, flat panel that uses only 150 watts.
You can mount it under your desk (Specially Designed for this purpose), it measures 22 inches wide, 16 inches tall and 1 inch deep. A space-saving design that will fit well under your desk.
If you can’t mount it for whatever reason, you can buy this stand designed especially for Cozy legs heater.
It comes with what you need to hang it under your desk. If you want to move it as needed, you can buy its stand.
- Sleek design
- Designed for desks specifically
- You can mount It or put it on a stand
- Energy saver
- Cheap price
- The heat cannot be adjusted, it has one on-off switch. If you want to regulate the heat, you can buy a separate thermostat.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Else Causes Cold Feet And Hands?
Poor blood circulation is the most common health condition that can cause coldness in your limbs. But there are other factors like anemia, arterial disease, vitamin B-12 deficiency, and smoking. Yes, smoking!
Nicotine constricts blood vessels and prevents blood from reaching your extremities.
You should see a doctor if you have cold hands and feet all the time, no matter what the weather is outside or temperature around you.
There may be an underlying disease or condition that needs to be treated especially if you have additional symptoms, such as fingers or toes that change color, trouble breathing, or hand or leg pain.
Can I Warm Up My Feet Without Buying An Under Desk Heater?
Yes. Try these solutions:
- Avoid direct contact with frozen items like cold floors.
- Wear socks or insulated slippers.
- Quick massage. Briskly massage your hands or feet.
- Put them in warm water. Water conducts heat 25 times faster than air.
- Change your socks if they’re wet.
- Put a heated water bottle under or on top of your feet to warm them up quickly. Take it off after a while when it starts to cool down.
- Do 30-50 leg swings.
- Stick a thermal insole in your shoe
You can use these insoles foot warmers. Many people bought them from Amazon.
Their size is small, but they are efficient. Not only when sitting in a freezing office, but also when gardening or fishing or any outdoor activity.
Here is how to use: Remove one warmer from the outer package, and shake to activate it. It usually heats up in 15 to 30 minutes. And if heat decreases, expose it to air and shake it.
Final Thoughts – Best Under Desk Foot Warmer
If you have cold feet whenever you sit at your desk like me, you know how annoying it can be! You get distracted and you feel uncomfortable.
I hope that you have found the information you needed among our selection of under desk foot heaters. We made sure to choose the best one in each foot warmer category.
Now that you have most of the feet warmers existing on the market, listed in front of you, pick one and warm up those stubborn feet in no time!
We would like to know which method do you use or like the most. Let us know in the comment section below.